These are the little things that get us through this sometimes weary world and all the rainy days.
In Motorcity, you don’t say ‘I love you.’ You say ‘I’m Mike Chilton.’ That means ‘Hi, me and my friends and everyone in Detroit are all attractive assholes who will completely take over your life and ruin everything and force you to draw copious amounts of fanart and write ridiculous amounts of fic, and you will never be the same, and you will cry every time you watch our show,’ and I think that’s beautiful.
Theme is now adequate amounts of Catbug. <3 Because I had to use ceedawkes’ gif as a sidebar I HAD TO OKAY
47 minute long lagombi hunt
I love reaching that weird point in a fandom tag where you’ve dug back too far, back to before the word was a fandom term. One second it’s all fun and games, the next you’re looking at black and white photos of bathroom mirrors.
1. Dude, NOBODY LIKES SMALL TALK. It’s fucking boring, extroverts think so too, but you do it anyway because it’s polite. It’s not an “extrovert skill,” it’s a SOCIAL SKILL, and you should probably work on it a little bit so you don’t sound like a dick all the time. The idea is that small talk is supposed to lead to a BETTER conversation.
2. You having a lousy time at this party is BUMMING EVERYBODY OUT. Parties are supposed to be fun! When that extroverted friend comes over and tries to get you to dance, and you don’t want to dance, and all you can think about is how much you don’t want to dance and how resentful you are that your friend is trying to make you do it anyway, your friend is not being the selfish one. Maybe she’s being a little misguided, because she doesn’t know that the dancing will only make it worse! But what SHE sees is her friend having a lousy night, and bringing down the atmosphere, so she wants to help you and everyone around you have a good time. So make an effort to have a good time, or just go outside where it’s quiet. It’s cool, everybody understands.
3. EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS. Something like thirty percent of the human race is introverted, so if your peer group is over the age of about 16, all the extroverts in your life have had time to figure this out. They’ve got an introverted friend, or sister, or boyfriend, they understand the concept. If you really don’t want to dance, and you’re tired and stressed out, and you need to go recharge your fun battery for an hour, just say something, it’s fine.
4. Being shallow is not an extroverted quality, it’s a human quality. We’re all shallow. I’m pretty sure the introvert population on Tumblr is like 90%, and all we talk about is Jensen Ackles’ cheekbones and Chris Evans’s ass Benedict Cumberbatch’s piercing, soulful eyes.
5. Acting like we’re the only ones living deep, meaningful, interesting inner lives is snobbish and hurtful, come on. Extroverts think about real shit. Extroverts write and paint and read books. Extroverts feel scared sometimes, and insecure, and they struggle with their demons. We’re all just stupid fuckers trying our best out here, so drop the attitude and just treat people like people.
/sheds a single beautiful tear at this list
Secondhand Fandom: When you do not actually watch/read/are really interested in said fandom or object of the fandom, but you know enough about it that you can hold an intelligent and involved conversation with someone in the fandom.
It’s like dying from lung cancer because you live with a chain smoker, but you yourself have never touched a cigarette in your life.
its a metaphor you see, you like the picture but you dont give yourself the power to reblog it.
Sometimes I chat with customers about Supernatural. Jokes on them, I have only seen a whole lotta gifs and don’t even know what the actors sound like.
Hella late, but u dont tell me how 2 live my lyf
IDK I just wanna talk to people
Mostly toys, it’s how I roll. With too many toys.
Sex toys and porn-y doujin, too, but that’ll be on my nsfw blog.
Been out of work for 2 weeks with this busted wrist, it’s cramping my style, yo. :( and rent paying abilities.